2018 Application Timeline & Application
2018 Scholarship Application Timeline
Applications Process: March 19 – April 23, 2018
Interview Notifications Sent By: May 7 via email
Scholarship Interviews: Thursday, May 31 – Friday, June 1, 2018
Selection Notifications Sent By: June 15, 2018 via email
Scholarship Awards Luncheon: June 28, 2018
Texas Station Hotel & Conference Center
11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Scholarship Award Levels $500 – $2,000 per student
PROJECT 150 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Project 150 is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 community-based organization whose primary objective is to increase the viability and recognition of youth in Southern Nevada. The Project 150 Youth Council Scholarship Program is one of the many vehicles used by our organization to ensure that students are provided assistance to achieve higher education goals.
Application deadline date is Wednesday, April 23, 2018 by 5pm
- Be a resident of Nevada
- Attend or plan to attend the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University of Nevada, Reno, the College of Southern Nevada, Nevada State College or ANY accredited vocational training institute in the state of Nevada during the scholarship award year, completing a minimum of 9 credits each semester
- Must fulfill requirements for one of the two scholarship application categories below:
Graduating High School Senior:
- Currently attending a high school in Nevada.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA and/or with the school required cumulative grade point average based on a 4.00 scale at time of application. Please check with the school you are planning to attend for GPA requirements. Final transcripts must be received by Project 150 by 5:00pm, June 8, 2018.
- Be actively involved in community volunteer service.
Current College Student:
- Currently attending one of the above named post-secondary institutions.
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA and/or with the school required cumulative grade point average based on a 4.00 scale. Final transcripts must be received by Project 150 by 5pm May 21, 2018.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits per semester.
- Be actively involved in community volunteer service.
The Scholarship Reviewing Committee will consider all applicants based on the following:
- Eligibility criteria as defined above
- Academic records
- Community service or activities
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Financial need
- Essay; use correct grammar and spelling
- Consideration of work experience and/or family responsibilities
- Consideration of documented non-secondary education (i.e. technical, vocational, military etc.)
- Personal interview with the Project 150 Scholarship Committee Panel
- Member of Project 150 Youth Council
Please review your application packet carefully before submitting and keep a copy for your records. Failure to provide any of these documents will disqualify your application.
- Application- Must be typed or neatly hand written. Applications that are illegible or incomplete will be disqualified. Attach extra sheets if necessary to complete answers. Essay must be typed.
- Transcripts- Provide your most current unofficial transcript from the educational institution to which you make reference in the application (i.e. high school, college, vocational, technical etc.) Final transcript for academic school year must be submitted to Project 150 by deadlines stated on page 2 of this document. The official transcript must include a cumulative GPA. If your transcript does not provide a cumulative GPA, please provide documentation of your GPA on school letterhead signed by a school official.
- Letter of Recommendation- Provide a current letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor on school/college letterhead that addresses the following topics:
- Academic/extracurricular achievements
- Personal qualities such as motivation, leadership and commitment
- Potential of recipient.
- Postmark Deadline: Wednesday, April 23, 2018 by 5pm. Scholarship application packets are accepted via email in PDF or original via U.S. mail no later than the postmarked deadline to:
Senia Roybal, Programs Manager/ Project 150 Youth Council Co-Founder and Fran Montes, Scholarship Chair
3600 N. Rancho Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89130
*All applicants will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of application. Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 7 days of submitting your application.
All applicants will receive application status updates via email. Scholarship recipients are required to attend a Scholarship Awards Ceremony at Texas Station Hotel & Conference Center, Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:30am to 1:30pm where they will be provided a commemorative certificate formally recognizing their achievement. Failure to attend the Project 150 Scholarship Awards Ceremony will disqualify the recipient. A guarantee of the scholarship amount will be posted at the financial aid office of the recipient’s selected school.
Recipients please note that:
- Scholarships are NOT transferable between institutions. Your scholarship can only be used at the institution identified on your application.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits and maintain cumulative GPA of 2.5 to retain your scholarship during the award year. Failure to comply with these conditions forfeits the scholarship unless an academic agreement has been reached with the recipient’s respective school.
Family and/or Company Named Scholarship Sponsorship’s Available
To make a donation to a specific scholarship fund please enter the dollar amount of your donation and select the corresponding fund from the drop down menu in the form below.
Memorial Scholarship Funds
Alyssa Mariah Sayago Scholarship Fund
Brady Caipa Memorial Scholarship Fund
Ignacio Pulido Memorial Scholarship Fund
Jerry Montes Memorial Scholarship Fund
John A. Nedina Memorial Scholarship Fund
Luke Werner Memorial Scholarship Fund
2018 Velasquez Memorial Scholarship Fund
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!